X aka Twitter has long been a noted micro-blogging platform. To me, this is a great platform for expressing your feelings and communicating with your friends and loved ones. However, ever since Elon Musk has taken over, trolling and abusive comments have risen manifold. Not to mention, impersonation has also become a huge concern. Due to these aforementioned issues, if you no longer enjoy using X, you can choose to delete your X or Twitter account for good. That said, let me show you how it’s done:
Delete X or Twitter Account Using Your iPhone, Android, and Computer
To begin with, let’s understand how deleting the X account works!
So, how do you delete an X account?
Keep in mind that X doesn’t offer a direct way to eliminate an account. You need to first deactivate your account, which conceals your display name, username, and public profile for up to 30 days. During the deactivation period, you can restore your account – if you ever happen to change your mind or begin to regret your decision.
However, failing to restore the account within 30 days will delete your account permanently. Once your account is deleted, your username becomes available and can be used by anyone.
Deactivate/Delete X Account on iPhone and Android
- First off, open the X app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Now, tap on your profile photo at the upper left corner of the user interface.
- Next, choose Settings and Support to proceed.
- Next up, select Settings and privacy.
- Up next, choose “Your Account” option.
- After that, select “Deactivate your account”.
- Finally, tap on “Deactivate” and confirm the action by entering your account password.
As stated above, you will have the option to reactivate your X account within one month. If you don’t do that, it will be wiped out for good.
How to Delete an X or Twitter Account Using Your Computer
- To begin with, open a browser and head over to x.com.
- After that, log in to your account.
- Now, click on the More button in the left sidebar.
- After that, choose “Settings and privacy”.
- Under the ‘Your Account’ section, select “Deactivate Your Account”.
- Next, click on “Deactivate”.
- Next up, enter your account password and confirm that you want to get rid of your account.
There you have it! So, that’s how you can deactivate or delete your X account. While I have always loved using this micro-blogging app, I wish it offered a better way to deal with impersonation. Without taking any pot-shot at the premium version, there seems to be very little for the freemium users. What do you think?